This feature is only available in PC Cleaner Pro. Shredding files allows users to delete files permanently.
If you want to get more storage space for new information, file deletion of data is enough. But if you want to ensure that the data of a deleted file is irrecoverable, you need to shred the file. A file recovered after the shredding will be unusable even after the recovery.
- Open the Security section.
- Select Shred files.
- Click Add file and choose the files you want to shred.
- Select the file and click on Remove file to delete it from the list.
- Click Clear all to remove all files from the list.
- Click on Recycle Bin to add its contents to the list to shred.
- On the bottom, you can choose the Shred level from the dropdown list.
Three levels of shredding are available with either 1 overwrite, 5 overwrites or 35 overwrites. 1 overwrite is usually sufficient to make a file unrecoverable. Only use 5 or 35 overwrites in extreme cases where you need to be absolutely certain a file will not be recoverable even with the most sophisticated data recovery programs.
- Click Shred once you have configured the settings.
- Click Yes to confirm.
If you have not purchased PC Cleaner yet, you can do so here.