Shredding files allows permanently deleting files.
If you want to get more storage space, simple deletion of data is enough. But if you want to ensure that the data of a deleted file is irrecoverable, you need to shred the file. A file recovered after the shredding will be unusable even after the recovery.
- Open the Shredder section.
- Click on the Add files button.
- Select the files from your Mac.
- You can uncheck the files that you don't want to shred.
- Click Add files button in the bottom right corner to add more files.
- When you have finished adding the files, click on Shred.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window.
- Click OK to close the notification.