The Data recovery feature can be used to search the computer, external drives, or memory cards for missing or deleted files or photos. Some files may be damaged or rewritten.
- Open Toolbox.
- Select the Data recovery feature.
- Select the drive you want to scan for missing or deleted files. The default setting for the scan is drive C.
- If you wish to scan an external drive or memory card simply connect the device to your PC and use the down arrow to select that drive.
- Check the categories of files you want to recover.
- Click Start Scan.
- Check your Recycle Bin for the missing files before running a data recovery scan.
- If the files are not there, select No, run full recovery scan, and click Next.
- If no files were recovered, you will see this notification. Click OK to close it.
- If some files were recovered, you will see the list of categories. Choose the needed category with the recovered files.
- Click the file to select it.
- Click Select all/Deselect all to select/deselect all items in the group.
- Click Change in the left bottom corner to change the save location for the recovered files.
- You can Preview the file before recovering it.
- Click on the Recover button.
- Click Yes to confirm the recovery.
- The folder with the recovered files will open.
Note: While recovery works hard to find all missing files there is no guarantee that every file will be fully recoverable.