We highly recommend doing a backup prior to making any changes to your computer. Click here to learn how to do a backup with PC HelpSoft Driver Updater.
Click ‘My Downloads’ icon on the home screen of the program. Select the driver and click the ‘Install’ button or double-click the driver name to install it. Driver Updater will prompt to back up current drivers before installing new drivers. We suggest users complete this step.
Note: Windows will usually prompt users to reboot the machine after installing every new driver. But you may wait to reboot until all drivers are installed completely.
Click the ‘Install’ button, drivers will be extracted to the path: document\DriverUpdater\Temp\driver name
Windows 2000 & Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\current account\My Documents\DriverUpdater\Temp\driver name
Windows Vista & Windows 7
C:\Userscurrent account\Documents\DriverUpdater\Temp\driver name
For example Realtek RTL 8136/8168/819 series network card drivers. After click ‘Install’ button in Driver Download Manager, Driver Updater will extract the zip file to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\DriverUpdater\Temp\realtek_rtl8100e_6218_vista.
Find the setup executable file, double click it to install
There is no setup program for some drivers, you must install those drivers manually:
1. Right click ‘My computer’ icon on the desktop. Select ‘Properties’.
2. Go to the ‘tasks’ bar and click the ‘Device manager’.
3. Find and double-click the network controller.
4. Click ‘Update drivers’ button to open ‘Hardware Update’ Wizard.
5. Click ‘Browse’ button to select the folder that the extracting drivers file is in.
6. Click the next button. Windows will automatically find a suitable driver file to install.